A class “E” licence is needed to drive any school purposes bus having seats for not more than 24 passengers. It also allows you to operate vehicles included in class F and G, but not motorcycle.
An applicant for a class “E” licence must:
- Be at least 21 years old;
- Hold a valid Ontario class “G” licence or higher;
- Pass the applicable knowledge test;
- Meet the Ministry-approved vision standards;
- Provide a medical certificate upon application. Ministry-approved medical requirements must be satisfied before any test except vision may be administered;
- Pass a criminal record search;
- Have successfully completed a School Bus Driver Improvement course approved by the Ministry and be able to show proof of successful completion with a valid course certificate;
- Not have accumulated more than 6 demerit points on his/her driving record;
- Not have had a driver’s license under suspension at any time within the preceding 12 months as a result of having been convicted or found guilty of any offences outlined in the driver’s handbook for Bus.